Sunday, September 04, 2005

Katrina Victims Need Your Help and Prayers

The images we have seen on TV and the stories reported in the past week have been tragic, even horrific. Here and there we hear of loved ones that are found, pets that are rescued and families reunited. Unfortunately, it's not near enough to wipe out the devastating and long-term effects that we will see, everywhere in the USA, for the coming months and years.

It came to me that I could either be depressed and simply watch the news, or I could do something to help. I don't have much money to give, but I've dug as deep as I can. Now I'm looking at volunteer opportunities. Volunteers are going to be needed for many months ahead as these folks try to rebuild their homes and lives.

I encourage each of you to take the time, dig deep and to give as much as you can, either money or your time, to help the victims of Hurricane Katrina. There are two organizations, specifically, that are mobilized and ready to give mass care: American Red Cross (Red Crescent Society outside the USA) and the Salvation Army. Please either visit their websites or call your local branch office today to do what you can to aid our family, friends, neighbors and fellow countrymen who are in desparate need!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

thank you for posting this message - these poor people need our help!

Signed: ready to help