Monday, November 14, 2005

How to "Recharge" Your Life

Recently I moved from Nevada to Ohio and I have been amazed at the differences in landscape I see on a daily basis. The desert can certainly be a beautiful place, too, and every state or city I have lived in has had its own unique charm and beauty. But, I picked a great time to move to the East as the Fall leaves were at the height of the season when I arrived. What a treat! To see all that color and to experience the smells that Fall brings with it: leaves falling; crisp, cold mornings; Harvest moons and so forth!

A maple tree in my neighbor's back yard has been particularly beautiful and I noticed today that its leaves are finally dropping as it gets ready for winter. I couldn't help but ponder, too, how many of our lives are preparing for the winter as well. We all tend to go into "hibernation" in the winter and I, for one, really do not have the luxury of hibernating this winter. There are things I need to do in my life and I need to not waste any time reaching some very basic, and necessary, goals financially, emotionally and in my physical space. So, I went in search of information on how to "recharge" my life.

There are a lot of presumed "experts" in this field and some have some pretty wacky and wild ideas of what "recharge" means. Everything from removing all the toxins from your body, to mind-bending exercises and more. I'm a bit skeptical of what I call "hocus-pocus" and not a big risk taker at all. I want something that is logical, easy-to-do, simple and "normal" that will keep me on track. So, back to the drawing board I went.

At last I was successful and found some great advice that is reasonable. Henry Ford was quoted to having said:

"Nothing is particularly hard if you divide it into small jobs."

Now that is something that I can relate to and seems logical enough. But, how do I apply this to my life as it is now? Life coaches, mentors and psychologists will tell you that your life is all connected in one way or the other. Goals are always good, but that in and of itself is not enough. You need to know how to "chunk down" the goals into manageable "baby steps" so that you can keep going on a day-by-day basis. Henry Ford was right, divide it into small "jobs" and nothing can stop you.

With Fall almost over and winter approaching now is a good time to start planning for the coming year. Don't wait for New Years to suddenly be upon you to make some half-baked, insincere resolution, and then go merrily on your way.

Instead, sit down and take an honest assessment of what you have done, and will do in 2005 and where you want to be in 2006. Break that down into manageable "chunks" or small jobs or tasks. Then, in the Fall of 2005 use these goals as a launching pad to connect your life to a more successful future. This is a great way to begin a fresh new 2006 year. You will feel revitalized and recharged and ready to continue on your life's journey with a new fresh perspective!
I'm heading over to my desk now with paper and pen in hand ... good luck on your endeavors as well!

Copyright M. A. Webb, 2005. All Rights Reserved

PUBLISHING AND REPRINT RIGHTS: You have permission to publish this article electronically, in print, in your ebook or on your website, free of charge, as long as the author's information and web link are included at the bottom of the article and the article is not changed, modified or altered in any way. The web link should be active when the article is reprinted on a web site or in an email. The author would appreciate an email indicating you wish to post this article to a website, and the link to where it is posted.

No comments: