Monday, November 28, 2005

Track Lighting for the Soul

It was still very early in the morning and the hallway was very dark as I stumbled around the corner. As I was feeling my way through the darkness I saw light coming from my office at the end of the hall. Thankfully it was enough light to guide me down the hall to navigate around the inevitable pet toy that was in my way. As I settled into my desk I thought of how God's word is like track lighting.

When you board an airplane for a flight, just before take-off there is a small presentation in case of an emergency. One of the safety features mentioned is the track lighting in the aisles. You are told that in the event of an emergency the track lighting on the floor on each side of the aisle, will guide you to safety. The lights are bright enough to penetrate even some of the worst possible conditions such as complete darkness or dense smoke.

Our lives are much like this. As we stumble through the darkness of our daily lives, trying to find our way, or do our jobs, or care for our families, we often bump into things that bruise or hurt us. Things that we did not see or anticipate in the darkness. God's Word can help to penetrate our minds and shed light on even the darkest moments we experience.

God's word, the Bible, is much like the track lighting for our soul. It contains the information we need to make the journey down the hallway of life to God. He is the light we see shining ahead of us, drawing us closer and closer to Him. If we focus on Him, and study His word, He will guide us.

"Your word is a lamp to my feet, and a light to my path."
-- Psalm 109:105

Copyright M. A. Webb, 2005. All Rights Reserved

PUBLISHING AND REPRINT RIGHTS: You have permission to publish this article electronically, in print, in your ebook or on your website, free of charge, as long as the author's information and web link are included at the bottom of the article and the article is not changed, modified or altered in any way. The web link should be active when the article is reprinted on a web site or in an email. The author would appreciate an email indicating you wish to post this article to a website, and the link to where it is posted.

No comments: